Thursday, July 7, 2011

Cheese Halos


We had a relatively quiet day.  The kids woke us up at 5am this morning.  We were unconvincing in our pleas for them to go back to sleep.  Due to our early rising, we left the house in Kalispell with plenty of time to spare and ate some great caramel rolls at a bakery before leaving town.  As we walked in the bakery a man at the counter turned around and said, "You're from Wisconsin?".  Both Mark and I started looked above us for the floating cheese wedge halo.  How did he know we were from Wisconsin so quickly?  We had left our bratwurst and beer in the car this morning.  It turns out he checked out our license plate as we were moving our 3-ring circus into the restaurant.  He was from Madison and wanted to talk "home".  I guess we don't need the cheeseheads with those sneaky license plates.    
 We drove through the National Bison Range.  Odelia was lulled to sleep by the gravel roads, so she missed a lot of the animals.  We got a few great views of some bison, magpies, deer and prong-horned antelope (not to be mistaken with their antelope cousin who suffer a life without prongs).  Milo said his favorite animal we saw today was the deer.  I don't know why I think that's funny.  Probably some of that Wisconsin humor coming through. After the wildlife drive we stopped for some lunch and a quick game of tag.  The rules in a game of tag among pre-schoolers and toddlers are not nearly as solid as I'd like.  At one point I think we were all "it". Very confusing for my rule-bound brain.  We're in Helena tonight and then Bozeman over the weekend.  Happy Trails!



My sweet baby girl.  

How can I comment on this?  

At this point, I think Milo had spontaneously turned tag into hide and seek.  

Notice the prongs?

Big sky country

Scratch the itch

I guess what you do in your yard is your business, buddy, but we do have children in the car.

This one understands the wildlife viewing protocol.  No licking your privates when tourists are around.

Yup, he has prongs, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment