Thursday, June 7, 2012

Set Sail

We set sail on Friday morning for our month-long adventure.  I relish this time of year.  As a teacher you spend 9 1/2 months every year soaking little fires: initiating, initializing, finalizing, deepening, comprehending, measuring, complying, recording, assessing and (mostly) paddling like hell in hopes you stay above water  .  You try to pause and enjoy life, but in all honesty, a year in the life of a teacher is comparable to holding your breath from September to May.  You don't start turning blue until January and by late May you've passed out from lack of oxygen.  But now it's June.  June, glorious, June.  Deep breaths abound.

The Matrix is packed, the kids are giddy and it's getting late.  We raise our anchor tomorrow at 6am with our eye on Austin, Texas.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, I'm excited! I'm living vicariously through you. This is going to be so much fun to follow! Safe travels to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun!!! I LOVED Austin---So Co section looks like I designed it and filled it with my favorite things! ;-)

    ReplyDelete